Firstly if you haven't planned something special for your special little someone, why not try one of these places in Pretoria: (if they still have a table for you... )
*Mydarlings, Be Mydarlings on Valentine's Day. Be there around 18:30-19:00. Bookings only. R280 per person. 012 362 1014.
*Valentine’s Day at Al Dente, Menu price: R250 per person. Bookings are essential. 012 460 9686
*The Anti-Valentines Evening at Tings an' Times. Cocktails buy 1 get 1 free between 5 PM and 7 PM., Jagermeister only R14. Giveaways by Jagermeister. Free entrance and oh yeah, couples are also welcome!
Why not put something DIRTY and OILY in your MOUTH?? Try something romantic at home like a picnic under the stars or a romantic dinner that you make from scratch or why not go and see a movie, old school styling!
Here is a recipe of LOVE to make for your loved one tomorrow morning for a sexy brekie in BED!Lovers Breakfast
(Heart Shaped Bacon With Crumpets and Hart Shaped Egg topped with Honey and served with fresh Strawberries)What you need:
- 1 Packet streaky Bacon
- For the Crumpets:
1 Cup Flour
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1/2 Tablespoon Butter, melted
2 Teaspoons Baking powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs.
- A few fresh Strawberries.
- Honey or syrup to taste.
- Heart shaped cookie cutter.
How to make it:
To make the bacon hearts:
- Preheat the oven to 200'C.
- Cut the bacon strips in half and shape into a heart, thats right!! A heart!!! Shape them on a greased baking pan.
- Place in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes.
To make the Crumpets:
- Add 1/2 cup of milk and the butter.
-Mix in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the rest of the milk and mix until well combined.
- Preheat a greased pan to a medium heat on the stove.
- When the pan is preheated add tablespoons of the crumpet mixture to the pan.
- first bake the one side, when air bubbles form on top the crumpet is ready to be turned over. bake until the crumpet is a nice shade of brown.
To make the eggs:
- Fry the eggs in a greased preheated pan, don't worry is the yellow of the egg is broken, you are going to cut a heart shape out of it when its done.
- When the egg is done use the cookie cutter to cut out a heart shape in the egg, don't discard the extra egg, that will be used in the tower of yummyness.
Assembly of the love meal:
- Put 1 crumpet in a plate and butter it if you prefer that.
- top with the extra bits of egg left over after the heart is cut out. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with another crumpet and butter is you prefer.
- Top with the heart shaped egg and salt and pepper to taste.
- Then add the heart shaped bacon to the top of the tower.
- Put the fresh strawberries around the edge of the plate.
- Lastly drizzle with honey or syrup!
- Serve on a plate or if your willing (just putting this out there) serve it on your STOMACH!!! BOOM!!!