Yes, you did read correctly, this scone recipe contains a can of Sprite which makes them very light and fluffy. Perfect for a weekend morning or an afternoon tea, and they are real easy to make, anyone can do it!
What you need:
- 500g self raising flour
- 1 can sprite
- 250ml cream
- 1t salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 200'C (if you have a fan oven 180'C)
- Grease a muffin pan.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for ± 20 minutes or until golden brown and when a toothpick is inserted in the center, it comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for ± 5mins, remove from pan and serve with strawberry jam and cream or preservatives of you choice.
See you next week for a frikkie awesome chocolaty recipe.